Meet the Apprenticeship Team at MK College

When it comes to finding the perfect apprenticeship for you, it may seem a little scary to think about where you're going to spend the next few years of your life. What if you don't like It? What If you don't get on with the other employees? You might have a whole handful of worries, but don't worry - we've got a team trained to help and guide you through the entire process, from application to completion. If you're thinking about applying for an apprenticeship, get to know our team so you can take a look at who might be helping you along your incredible journey. We thought we'd ask them a few questions so you can find out who they are, why they do their job and a bit more about them. 

Georgie Revell georgie
What is your position at MK College, and how did you come to be in that position?
I’m one of the Apprenticeship Recruitment Advisor in the Apprenticeship Team. I’m here to help employers find the right candidate for them. Also for candidates to get all the support they need to reach their goal and achieve their dream. I came to the team from working for another College in the Business Development Department, selling Apprenticeships. I started off as an Apprentice working through Level 2 and Level 3 Business Administration Apprenticeships which I thoroughly enjoyed.  After 2 ½ years I finally thought it was time for me to leave the nest and spread my wings.

Why did you want to work in apprenticeships?
From being an Apprentice I can honestly say it’s the best thing I’ve done for myself. I came straight out of school from doing GCSE’s and I was very shy and not confident. From doing this it has made me the bright, bubbly and friendly person I am today. I wanted to work in Apprenticeships because I wanted to provide potential candidates with all the support they need to get where they want to be. I never had this much information about it at school, this is my time to give something back to them and make it worthwhile.

What’s your favourite thing about working in apprenticeships?
I love seeing the difference that this makes to people’s lives. It’s that amazing journey you go on with a candidate. From that first initial meeting with them, to that last phone call to tell them they’ve been offered the position they so desperately wanted. It gives you great joy and pride in what you do. At the end of the day I can go home with a smile on my face knowing I’ve made a difference for the better.

If you could do an apprenticeship in anything, what would it be, where and why?
I’m an avid reader and creative writer, it’s how I wind down at the end of the day. I normally have about 2 or 3 books always on the go. I would love to be able to do an Apprenticeship in small book publisher working as an editor in training. This would be a dream to be able to read all day, every day. Finding new and original ideas. Maybe finding the next Oscar Wilde, Charles Dickens or J.K Rowling.

gill-930357-editedGill Hall

I'm an Apprenticeship Recruitment Manager. I have been working in Apprenticeships for the last 10 years and been with the College for four years. I have also worked for other private training providers in Milton Keynes and Hertfordshire.

I grew into the role as I was working on a variety of contracts providing careers advice to unemployed adults and gained my IAG qualification. I was then asked to assist with the Apprenticeships contract.  I wanted to help employers with their recruitment and individuals to obtain employment.

What's your favourite thing about working in apprenticeships? 
I enjoy providing advice and guidance to both employers and candidates and supporting individuals to progress and succeed.

I would want to do an Apprenticeship in dance as I enjoy Strictly Come Dancing and do fitness classes regularly.  It would be great to have Darcey Bussell as my mentor!

Sonia Harris
I’m an Apprenticeship Recruitment Advisor based at Silbury Campus. I've worked with apprentices for several years and moved into recruitment because it provided the opportunity to take my role in a different direction whilst still working in the apprenticeship sector, which I love.

The great satisfaction from seeing people achieve their goals and supporting them in their journey to get there.

It's an opportunity to make a difference to people; especially those who are young and looking for their first job.  The job is varied and rewarding and you communicate with so many different people.

Ermmmm…apprentice in supporting educating dis-advantaged children around the world.

Julie-Ann Hammond
What is your position at MK College, and how did you come to be in that position?Julie-annhammond
Apprenticeship Engagement Manager – Digital Industries. The advert for the role really caught my       eye. With a background in digital I saw my previous experience in web technologies as being an area of expertise I could bring to MK College. With more employers joining our IT apprenticeships in Infrastructure, Digital Marketing and Software Development it is an exciting time to be part of the College digital apprenticeships team.

No two days are the same. My role as engagement manager enables me to develop close working relationships with local business within the Milton Keynes area. I really enjoy providing a quality service to help employers identify their apprenticeship requirements. At the moment, I am privileged to have the opportunity to get involved in the College bid to create an Institute of Technology at Bletchley Park. 

Helping to identify the right apprenticeship for a business, being part of the recruitment process to succeed in finding a great apprentice for a company and watching the apprentice grow into their role. Providing a professional, friendly employer focussed service working alongside colleagues with a wealth of knowledge all committed to the end goal in offering quality training, advice and guidance.

An apprentice rock climbing instructor! I could combine a passion for rock climbing, learn how to teach others to climb, lead rock climbing expeditions around the world and get paid!

Subscribe to our blog

Open_event
New Call-to-action
Blog CTA